My coaching services take into account the whole person; strengths, growth areas, and goals. I respect the skills and knowledge that you have and build from there. No question is stupid if you don't know the answer!
I work with any and all devices; Apple, Windows, Android, Chromebook, Alexa & other voice assistants, TVs. You name it!
I can help with:
- Learning new software
- Enabling accessibility settings
- Digital decluttering
- Deepening your skill sets with familiar software
- Password management & personal security best practices
- Getting acquainted with a new device
- Understanding what "the cloud" is and how to help your stuff sync between different devices
Home IT Services
I work on printers, scanners, TVs, voice-activated assistants, thermostats, and routers. If it connects to the Internet and lives in your home, I can give it life.
I can help with:
- Finding the best device in your price range
- New or old device setup & configuration
- Chicken-egg issues arising from the relationships between devices
- Printer and scanner magic
- Virus diagnostics, followed by resolution or referral to another technician
If you're a small business owner, you know that it can be expensive and difficult to hire an in-house IT person. Such support may seem out of reach. We can help with many aspects of the computer side of your business, so that you can keep your attention on what you do best: running your business. We also provide these services for non-profits.
- Recommendations and training on best practices so that computers are rarely "slow today"
- Routine & rescue maintenance on hardware & software
- Assessment of your IT needs
- Evaluation and spring cleaning of existing IT assets
Sarah Schieffer Riehl is a kind consultant, teacher, and technician with a passion for explaining how technology works in plain English. She's been providing computer literacy and technician services to adult clients since 2011. She holds a bachelor's degree in Philosophy from the University of Chicago. She has extensive experience setting up devices and helping people use them, and she considers herself a problem solver at heart.
Sarah lives in south Austin with her husband and cats. During the coronavirus pandemic, she is available online.
Riehl Help accepts cash, checks, PayPal, and all major credit cards. Most services are $50/hour.